REVIEW - Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser

/ 17 comments
When Good Things launched on the beauty scene just over one year ago, I sat up and paid attention. Why? Because Good Things is aimed at those with young skin, contains no animal ingredients, promises to be 'gentle but effective' and is free from parabens, SLS and mineral oil. What more could you really ask for from a skin care brand?! I was hesitant to try at first, since my skin is stubborn as a mule and point blank refuses to respond to most skin care products, but after seeing Good Things on offer in Superdrug I thought, 'Why not?'

[[ Good Things 'Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser ]]

The main product I had been eager to try out was the 'Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser' (say that fast 10 times!) A lot of moisturisers are too heavy or rich for oily/ combination skin, even when they have been aimed specifically at that skin type and many 'oil control' products turn once oily skin bone dry and sore. Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser is different in that it hydrates skin, while absorbing excess oil at the same time - sounds almost too good to be true, right?!


The first thing that will hit you as you squeeze out some Good Things 'Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser' is the smell. It is gorgeous! Fruity and sweet without being overbearing, cheap or sickly.  The consistency is of a rich lotion; once you rub it in the skin absorbs it almost instantly, leaving no sticky residue or tell tale shine. I apply this just before I do my make-up and the results are fantastic! My skin stays completely matte (dewy at most after a night out), make-up lasts so much longer, applies more smoothly and the dryness along my cheekbones and nose has vanished.

Overall, I'd say that Good Things 'Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser' is not only the best facial moisturiser I've come across for oily/ combination skin, but the best base make-up primer I've found overall! For me, MMM is now an essential step in my daily routine.

Available from Boots, Superdrug and Sainsburys, priced at £7.99 for 100ml of product.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds brilliant, i think i will try this when my day time moisturiser runs out, ive been impressed with all the Good things products that ive tried so far xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I might try this, it sounds good and I have nearly run out of my last 'mattifying' moisturiser, which quite frankly was crap!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read more good reviews on this product, I'm gonna see if there is a chance of picking it up in The Netherlands.

    x
    http://secondhandspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing. I've got to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great, might pick it up when my moisturiser runs out xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to see if someone can CP this for me to the US - I've tried so, so many "mattifiers" and they all suck >:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds perfect! If only it were available in Canada *tears* why make-up gods? Why!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly it doesn't work that well for me :/ It says it keeps spots at bay which I feel it does but it does nothing near mattify for me! Wish it worked as well on me as it does for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought this last week, and after using it since then I agree it's a lovely product! I was going to post a review, but your pictures have put me to shame! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't make my mind up on buying this the other day as I'd just tried and not liked their mask. But after reading this review I regret not getting it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try this! Lately I've been getting shine throughout the day. Fingers crossed this will help!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I FRIGGING LOVE THIS. Forever. I will never moisturise with anything else again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After you tweeted me about this I went out and purchased it.. LOVE it. Thank you soooo much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds amazing! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same problem trying to find a moisturiser for my oily skin that is light enough, eeven if its aimed t my skin type!
    This sounds great, I'll have to try it out!
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried anything from Good Things, despite wanting to - it's their cute packaging and tempting fruity concoctions trying to lure me in. It seems that everyone has tried them apart from me and I could do with a day moisturiser as I don't tend to use one as I've been using a BB cream but I think I'll have to try this before I switch back to a heavier duty foundation for Winter xx

    P.S. I tried saying 'Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser' 10 times. Failed haha! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.