Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas - 'Forgiven' and 'Tremor'

/ 3 comments
As usual, Makeup Revolution have taken it upon themselves to make a more affordable dupe or a pricey product - this time, duping Too Faced's 'Melted Lipsticks' with their 'Lip Lavas'. Essentially, these are like your regular lippies...but liquid and in a squeeze tube. I wondered if liquid lippies had any real point (besides mixing) when regular bullet lippies have been ideal for about 90 years? And so, I purchased a couple to test out...

Review Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas - 'Forgiven' and 'Tremor'

Lip Lavas come packaged like squeezy glosses, a tube with a felt applicator attached. The tubes are coloured to match(ish) the product itself, which is pretty handy if you buy a few of these! Simple, functional. I will say that when 'Forgiven' first arrived the applicator had become loose, however, I emailed and a new one quickly found its way to me with no fuss. Fast, no nonsense customer service!

Review Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas - 'Forgiven' and 'Tremor'

Above, I am wearing 'Forgiven' - a nudey yellow toned peach shade. I wouldn't straight up call it a nude, as it's too peachy (in my opinion) to really classify as one. If you're after a nude of a more natural or brown toned hue, 'Forgiven' aint the one. It is, however, a great shade for Spring and I imagine it would suit a wide range of skintones.

Review Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas - 'Forgiven' and 'Tremor'

This guy is 'Tremor', a bright, medium, slightly yellow toned pink which just about dips its toe ever so slightly into the coral side of the spectrum. When I swatched this I thought it would look awful on me, but I actually quite like it! It would definitely be a great Spring/ Summer shade and I can see many folk rockin' it with a tan.

Review Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas - 'Forgiven' and 'Tremor'

The formula is an odd one to describe...imagine melting a well pigmented, creamy lippy and that is basically it! I find them a tiny bit oily (nowhere near like OCC lip tars, though, and nowhere near as thin), so they do settle into lip lines a little but you can control this by applying just a thin layer - which is enough for decent coverage. I think they would be best worn over lipliners for full on colour with no risk of settling, but they can hold their own, too.

Wear wise, I'm impressed! For me, these last longer than traditional lipsticks and seem to wear down in layers, leaving an even hint of colour behind as opposed to a ring of lippy (attractive!)

Overall, lip lavas are well pigmented, last well, great for mixing shades and fab cheap dupes for the Too Faced equivalent. 

PRICE: £2.99
AVAILABILITY - Online and Superdrug stores.

Have you got any lip lavas? Take your fancy? Let me know! Comments above!
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

3 comments:

  1. These look like great dupes! I really like the idea of mixing the two shades, it makes a really pretty colour. Also love how affordable they are, definitely going to pick a couple of these up to try, love the packaging!

    alice x | beautybyalicee | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound wonderful, especially since I've already tried Too Faced version. I like how they're creamy yet slowly settle into a matte formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get a few of these at some point, I love Makeup Revolution products, and these don't look like an exception! Beautiful colours, I'm really intrigued to try out the orchid shade the most!

    Amanda Jayne / beauty, style & everything else

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.